Monday, 25 January 2016

My Most Used Drugstore Makeup Items

Hello world!

As I don't have any highend makeup at this current moment in time, I use a lot of drugstore products. So I thought I should share my favourites. Enjoy! 

If someone were to ask me what my favourite drugstore (this word may come up a lot in this blog)  makeup company was, I would defiantly say Rimmel London. They are affordable and fab quality, unfortunately they currently test on animals though. 

My first product to tell you about is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer. If you're only looking for medium coverage this concealer is perfect! It is £5.49 from both Boots and Superdrug, so pretty affordable. The applicator is easy to use and doesn't get all grimey. After looking at the Boots website I now know it visibly reawakens and illuminates under the eyes. Completely conceals spots and other blemishes. Instant anti-fatigue effect. With Peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising complex. I basically agree. However, because it is aiming to illuminate there is some shimmer in the product. This is great for making you look more awake but a little annoying if you want to distract from a spot. But overall I really recommend!

Next please!
Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder.
I'm sure you have heard many people rave about both of these makeup items, and I don't blame them! This powder it brill, it matifys, doesn't go cakey and helps to keep my makeup on that little bit longer. It's £3.99, and lasts a fair amount of time. They have various shades but also a transparent one. I have the transparent one  but it does give a light coverage. As I mentioned it doesn't go cakey, as long as you don't put too much on.

What's next...Maybe it's Maybelline! Get it?
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. I use to use this a lot, them randomly stopped. I tried it again not long ago and realised that I had forgotten how great it was, on my skin type anyway. It has light coverage and evens out your skin tone lots. It's £7.99 but you get a pretty good amount. Especially as you don't need much at a time! It's gives a slight natural looking glow, hydrates and feels fresh

Next up, MUA Undress Me Shimmer Highlighter.
MUA is good if you are looking for the cheapest! As long as you try to ignore the base products like the foundation and concealer, you get a lot for your money. This highlighter was only £3, and it's a really pretty champagne pink (I think!?). It isn't too pigmented but I did go a little over board this morning and had to start again... I'm not sure if this is the right one for my skin tone but quite a few people choose it over other great highlighters. There are 3 different colours of this highlighter but this one seems to be the favourite.

This blogs pretty long now, so I'll finish of here! I hope you liked my first proper blog and I will try to post more often now. I would appreciate if you could comment what you would like me to talk about. 

Thank you!

Scarlett XOX

Tip for tomorrow: Keep things in proportion, don't let small worries take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment